Thursday, June 7, 2012

India 2012

              I had the opportunity to spend my last few weeks of high school in four beautiful parts of India. Working for a dentist office, we went to do humanitarian acts and work on the kids there. Our first week was when we had clinic, up in Leh in the Ladakh region in the Himalayas. Our second week we were able to go down and tour Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. My experience was amazing and I cannot even fathom to describe it; it was life-changing and one of the best things ever!

This staircase was in Stok, India. I went on a walk up near our "hotel" in the Himalayas and this is one thing I came across! The fact that they build everything by hand piece by piece, just amazes me. I loved these stairs; they just look so cool to me!
Everywhere we went in the Ladakh people were building. It was really neat for me because my dad is a home builder and owns his own business. He was in the Street of Dreams in 2011, so to be able to see the differences was awesome for me!
This is the school's gymnasium, also known as our clinic. We were up on the top of the hill for lunch and when we finished we came out and there was a line waiting for us. It was great!
This is one of my coworkers, Rachele. She gave these twins anethestic and I assisted the doctor. They were the sweetest things; didn't speak or cry of pain at all!
This was near a monastery that we visted- two kids fetching water out of a well!
This is in the boys' dormitory where we would eat lunch every day after clinic, and they would just sit here in lines and eat their own food, not noisy, just minding their business and enjoying their food!
We hiked up to a monastery and there was this great place to hike over with tons and tons of prayer flags overlooking the city of Leh. So cool!
While at clinic I was able to extract a tooth and learn to give anesthetic, like in this photo.
We went to see the Taj Mahal! Sooooo pretty. :)
The architecture just amazes me!
Ever wonder why rugs cost so much? Well, I figured it out.
Kids loved the camera! So cute!
Oh, ya know. Just riding an elephant; no big deal!

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment